I haven’t done a monthly what’s on guide in ages but there’s so much fun stuff happening next month in Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas I thought this would be the easiest way to help you plan your month. From sunflower fields to scarecrow trails and pony rides to immersive theatre there’s something for everyone.
- Jump around at Buzz Bounce in Beaconsfield 24th July – 5th September. Kids can bounce around on 6 large inflatables including two 18m obstacle courses, a dry slide, laser arena, go karts and a specific toddler area.
- Visit a sunflower field at The Patch MK, Farmer Paul’s Sunflowers, Lillingstone PYO
- Go to The Sparkle Bright Flower Summer Festival of Fun at Tumblestone Hollow 1st August – 2nd September. Tumblestone Hollow is a fantastic wooden adventure playground at Stonor Park. During the festival there will be looking spectacular with lots going on including story telling and sparkle bright flower face painting.
- Take a walk along the Thames at Hambleden Lock and have lunch at The Lockdown Lodge 23rd July – 15th August. This pop up restaurant on the banks of the Thames is in the most beautiful location and serves casual bites at lunch and a 5 course fine dining menu in the evening.
- Take a walk through a Lavender Field at Hitchin Lavender or Mayfield Lavender
- Go pony riding at Blenheim Palace 24th July – 1st September. Head to the Walled Garden Train Station for Pony Rides. Pony rides are an additional £5 and payable on the day of your visit.
The Ponies will be in the gardens between 10.00 and 15.00 each day, except Wednesday 4th August.
- Explore Colourscape at Waddesdon Manor 28th July – 8th August. Enter a new world where you can explore intense light, colour and space in 56 interlinked chambers and encounter unusual musical experiences during your journey.
- Find your favourite Disney characters on the Wycombe Disney Windowland Trail 1st – 14th August. 107 houses, businesses, schools and nurseries have picked a Disney Movie or TV show and decorated their windows. There’s also a castle decoration competition and plenty of activities for the kids to do.
- Join in the Fit House Family Olympics 7th August. This FREE event is open to everyone (you don’t need to be a member) and you’re encouraged to compete as a family or small team. There will also be a BBQ with free burgers for all participants.
- Hunt for scarecrows in Holtspur Scarecrow Trail in Beaconsfield 31st July – 8th August. This is the second year of this event and the residents in Holtspur go to loads of effort in making some fantastic scarecrows! They are all within walking distance without too far to walk between each one making it a really fun trail to do with your little ones.
- Have fun at Play Around the Parishes in Hazlemere 16th August (click here to view other dates and locations). Aimed at children aged 1-11 this FREE event has something for everyone with arts and crafts, inflatables, circus skills, soft play and more
- Attend the Summer Festival at The Polecat Inn 21st August. Head down to the Polecat where they’ll have a bouncy castle, garden games, entertainment, live music and an outdoor bar.
- Head down to the Blenheim Palace Food Festival 20th – 22nd August. Enjoy the best of produce from local and national stallholders, street food, family friendly activities and entertainment and a full programme of demonstrations, Q&A’s, workshops and book signings.
- Watch The Princess & The Pea at Wormsley 28th August. Wander through the magical Walled Garden following the beautiful trail of live performances, installations and visual displays. Then enjoy your morning or afternoon tea, led to the marquee by their very special hosts
- Paint pottery at Bojangles with their Summer Holiday Special 22nd July – 5th September. Pay one studio fee all summer holidays. There is also now free soft play for children 4 and under on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday when buying food/drink from Bojangles. Private softplays sessions are still available to book at the weekend.
- Get crafty at FREE Summer Crafternoon sessions in High Wycombe every Tuesday and Thursday in August These free workshops will run from 12noon – 3pm an will be packed with new themes and challenges every week. Located on the High Street every Tuesday and Wilko’s in the Chiltern’s Shopping Centre on Thursdays.
- Watch FREE Pirate Pandemonium shows in High Wycombe 27th August. There will be 3 live shows during the day in Frogmoor, plus free Pirate workshops all day.
- Navigate your way through JC Farming’s Maize Maze 27th July – 30th August. Other activities include tractor and trailer ride, animal handling, bottle feeding calf’s, Giant Sandpit, bug hunt, trampolining and pony rides. Click here to buy discounted tickets or buy full price tickets on the door. They are closed on Mondays.